In natural science and engineering the research profile of TU München's research is especially future-oriented and characterisitc. On top of the classic core areas of a technical university productive connections to life sciences were established, ranging from trophology to biotechnology and bio informatics to medicin. Economics, sports science and educational research complete the range of TUM. This combination of subject is unique in Europe and allows to investigate research topics from an interdisciplinary perspective that is extraordinary.
Please find more information about research at TU München on the website.
- Forschungsneutronenquelle Heinz Maier-Leibnitz (FRM II)
- Walter Schottky Institut (WSI) Center for Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials
- Leonardo da Vinci-Zentrum für Bionik [German only]
- Z I E L Research Center for Nutrition and Food Sciences
- Zentralinstitut für Medizintechnik (IMETUM) [German only]
- Catalysist Research Center (CRC)
- Straubing Center of Science
TUM ForTe - Office for Research and Innovation
TUM ForTe – Office for Research and Innovation – assists researchers with national and international scholarships and funding programmes and with technology transfer. Researches can get support regarding industrial cooperations, patents and licensing as well as research funding.
Services & TUM central institutions