TU9 is the Alliance of leading Universities of Technology in Germany: RWTH Aachen University, Technische Universität Berlin, University of Braunschweig - Institute of Technology, Technical University of Darmstadt, Technische Universität Dresden, Leibniz University Hannover, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Technical University of Munich and University of Stuttgart.
- excel in pioneering creative research in engineering and the natural sciences.
- work from basic to applied research in numerous collaborations, including across disciplinary boundaries.
- drive groundbreaking innovation through collaboration with numerous global corporations, mid-sized enterprises, and start-ups.
- promote German Engineering worldwide and attract the brightest minds.
- pool expertise in diverse disciplines, creating ideal conditions with an international and inspirational work environment for researchers from all over the world.
- use innovative teaching and learning formats, training excellent young talent for key roles in science, business, and society.
- foster strategic alliances with top international institutions.
- serve as valued partners in research, business, and policymaking.
- are regional economic powerhouses and national innovation drivers.
A hallmark of TU9 Universities is their cosmopolitan outlook, providing an inspirational work environment, fostering strategic alliances with leading institutions worldwide and promoting the global reach of the label German Engineering.
TU9 internationalization activities range from expanding institutional networks to research collaborations and recruiting outstanding talents at all career levels. TU9 Alumni have the knowledge and skills sought after nationally and internationally to meet the social challenges faced today and shape tomorrow’s world.
Sources: (1) Destatis, Fachserie 11, Reihe 4.1, 1, WS 2018/19; (2) Hochschulmonitor Pro; Stand: 12/2019; (3) Destatis, Fachserie 11, Reihe 4.2, 2, 2018; (4) Destatis, Fachserie 11, Reihe 4.2, 2018; (5) Destatis, Fachserie 11, Reihe 4.1, 1, WS 2018/19; (6) HRK Hochschulkompass, 09/2020.
TU9 - German Universities of Technology
Excellence in Engineering and Science Made in Germany
Tradition, excellence, and innovation are the hallmarks of TU9 Universities. Founded during the Industrial Age, they contributed decisively to technological progress back then and continue to do so today. They enjoy an outstanding reputation around the world as renowned research and teaching institutions that promote the transfer of knowledge and technology between universities and practice. As such, they train exceptional young academics for careers in science, business, and administration and assume social responsibility. TU9 Universities foster top-class international networks and diverse cooperation with industry, making them a key element of the German science and innovation landscape.
The excellent research and teaching at TU9 Universities are based on independence, plurality, and freedom of expression. TU9 Universities have always been places of intellectual and cultural diversity where internationalization and integration are a matter of course.