TU9 Activities at GAIN20
Virtual, August 28 – 29
The TU9 Alliance present itself again at GAIN20, the Annual Conference & Talent Fair of the German Academic International Network, which takes place virtually for the first time this year. For many years, TU9 has participated in GAIN with numerous representatives from the university management as well as advisors from the operational level and the TU9 Managing Director in order to inform participants as comprehensively as possible about the numerous different career opportunities at Technical Universities in Germany.
In digital panel discussions, workshops and lectures, TU9 Representatives provide information and are available to answer questions:
- TU9 Workshop “Appointment: Application, Procedures, Dos and Don’ts“ (only in German)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfram Ressel (TU9 President, Rector University of Stuttgart) und Prof. Dr. Volker Epping (TU9 Vice President, President Leibniz University Hannover)
- Expert Working Group Engineering Sciences (only in German)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfram Ressel (TU9 President, Rector University of Stuttgart)
- Expert Working Group Humanities and Social Sciences (only in German)
Prof. Dr. Angela Ittel (Vice President for Strategic Development, TU Berlin) et al.
- Expert Working Group "Successful virtual networking" (only in German)
Dr. Bettina Wagner (Managing Director Ingenium, Technische Universität Darmstadt) et al.
- Workshop “Insights into appointment procedures – Dos and Don’ts“
Prof. Dr. Barbara Albert (Vice President, Research and Early Careers, Technische Universität Darmstadt), Dr. Bettina Wagner (Managing Director Ingenium, Technical University of Darmstadt) et al.
- Workshop “Turn! Me! On! Support and services for early career researchers at German universities. What is important to you? What is missing? What to look for?“
Dr. Wolfgang Holtkamp (Senior Advisor International Affairs, University of Stuttgart) et al.
- Workshop "National Research Data Infrastructure - Exciting New Career Prospects for the Sciences" (only in German)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Robert Schmitt (NFDI4Ing, RWTH Aachen University), Dr. Oliver Koepler (NFDI4Chem, Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) Hannover), Prof. Dr. York Sure-Vetter (Director NFDI, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) et al.
- Workshop „My Transatlantic Career – Dealing with Pitfalls, Learning from Others“
Prof. Dr. Sascha Preu (Technical University of Darmstadt), Dr. Bettina Wagner (Managing Director Ingenium, Technical University of Darmstadt) et al.
This year, six TU9 universities will attend the Talent Fair with information and advisory booths:
- Technische Universität Berlin (Berlin University Alliance)
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Technical University of Darmstadt
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Technical University of Munich
- University of Stuttgart
The annual GAIN conference and talent fair is the largest gathering of German universities, funding agencies and scientists abroad. More than 100 German universities, research institutions, companies, and funding agencies participate and inform postdocs, scientists and experts from various research areas about career and funding opportunities and recent developments in science policy in Germany in panel discussions, workshops and lectures. The talent fair provides job offers and individual career advice.
The German Academic International Network (GAIN) is the network of scientists and researchers of all disciplines from Germany, working at leading research institutions worldwide with special focus on the United States and Canada.